North Colorado Springs apartment fire caused by faulty charger or battery
Caption +

Sunday night's fire at Crestmoor Apartments was caused by a faulty charger or battery combination. (Courtesy of CSFD via Twitter)

Show MoreShow Less

An apartment fire that injured two people Sunday night in north Colorado Springs was caused by a faulty charger or battery combination for RC and drone aircraft, the Fire Department said.

Firefighters evacuated the three-story, wood-framed Crestmoor Apartments, 1134 Westmoreland Road, about 10:30 p.m., a news release said.

Two people were treated and released. The fire was ruled accidental.

Tags

Ellie is a crime and breaking news reporter. She's a proud Midwesterner, stationery hoarder and Earl Grey tea enthusiast. After interning at The Gazette in 2015, she joined the newspaper's staff in 2016.

Load comments