Forbes released its 35th annual billionaire list on Tuesday, which now includes 2,755 people – up from 2,095 people last year. Nine of the people on the list live in Colorado and together, they've got $41.6 billion – slightly less than Canada's David Thomson, with $41.8 billion and worldwide rank of 33rd. At the time the list was compiled, Jeff Bezos was the richest man in the world with $177 billion.
Here's a look at who they are:
- Philip Anschutz, Denver (Rank: 224); Investor and businessman in energy, rail, real estate, sports, newspapers, & more. Net worth: $10.1 billion
- Charles Ergen, Denver (Rank: 241); Co-founder and chairman of Dish Network and EchoStar. Net worth: $9.6 billion
- John Malone, Elizabeth (Rank: 316); Former CEO of Tele-Communications. Net worth: $7.8 billion
- Mark Stevens, Steamboat Springs (Rank: 807); Silicon Valley venture capitalist. Net worth: $3.7 billion
- Pat Stryker, Fort Collins (Rank: 1008); Stryker Corporation and founder of the Bohemian Foundation. Net worth: $3 billion
- James Leprino, Indian Hills (Rank: 1008); Leprino Foods chairman, owner of world's largest mozzarella cheese maker. Net worth: $3 billion
- Kenneth Tuchman, Denver (Rank: 1111); Call center outsourcing TTEC founder. Net worth: $2.8 billion
- Gary Magness, Denver (Rank: 1931); Investor in cable television and movie production. Net worth: $1.6 billion
- Thomas Bailey, Aspen (Rank: 2378); formerly of Janus. Net worth: $1.2 billion.
See the full list of billionaires here.