Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of missing 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth of Woodland Park, has cooperated fully with the police, agreeing to be interviewed, voluntarily allowed his cellphone to be searched and provided photographs and DNA samples to investigators, his lawyer said Wednesday.

Colorado Springs criminal defense attorney Jeremy Loew issued a statement saying Frazee will continue to cooperate with police but will not give any media interviews, “as he does not want to impede law enforcement’s investigation.”

Frazee, 32, is believed to be one of the last people to have seen Berreth on Thanksgiving Day, and he communicated with her via text three days later, before she was reported missing.

WATCH: Video released of missing 29-year-old Woodland Park woman

Woodland Park police have not referred to Barreth’s disappearance as a criminal investigation, nor have they said if anyone is a suspect.

Frazee did not attend a Monday news conference held by Woodland Park police to ask for the public’s help in locating Berreth. Responding a reporter’s question about why the woman’s fiancé did not attend the news conference, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles de Young replied they would have to ask Frazee.

In his statement, Loew said Frazee did not attend the news conference because he only found out about it an hour before it was held.

Vigil planned for missing Woodland Park woman Kelsey Berreth

“Had he been given more advance notice, he would have participated,” the statement said.

Frazee is caring for the couple’s 1-year-old daughter, whom Berreth left with him on Thanksgiving Day, after a video at the town’s Safeway store showed her shopping for groceries about midday with the child.

Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Idaho, reported her daughter missing Dec. 2. It is unknown why Frazee did not report her missing. The couple does not live together, Cheryl Berreth said, and never have.

While a tower in southern Idaho picked up a ping from Berreth’s cellphone Nov. 25, she did not visit any relatives living in Idaho, including her mother, and neither family nor friends have heard from her, authorities said.

Berreth’s purse and cellphone were missing from her townhome in Woodland Park, but her two vehicles and other possessions were in their normal locations. Baked cinnamon rolls had been left in the kitchen, police said, indicating she had not planned to be gone long.

Barreth works in the Pueblo office of Dos Aviation, which provides flight training for the U.S. military and foreign armed forces, a spokeswoman said. According to police, a text message was sent from Berreth’s phone Nov. 25 to her employer saying she wouldn’t be at work the following week.

A community candlelight vigil is planned for 6 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Park, 200 N. Park St., in Woodland Park.

Berreth was last thought to be at her home in the 200 block of East Lake Avenue in Woodland Park. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, according to a missing persons poster. She has family in Idaho and Washington state.

Contact the writer: 719-476-1656.

Load comments