red robin.jpg
Caption +

Red Robin (Google Maps) 

Show MoreShow Less

WESTMINSTER — A Red Robin Gourmet Burgers restaurant in Westminster closed Wednesday after three people tested positive for E. coli, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.

Two children and one adult tested positive for the bacteria after eating there, and two of the three were hospitalized, CDPHE said.

The Tri-County Health Department inspected the restaurant at 799 W. 146th Ave. and found "several" food safety violations, including employee handwashing, improper cleaning and sanitizing of food preparation surfaces, and cross-contamination between raw meats and other prepared foods. 

Read more at 9news.com

RELATED: 

Colorado Springs restaurateurs bring three eateries under one roof
5 food-safety slips that can ruin summer cookouts
David Ramsey: When traveling and dining out, ignore the squawking of online strangers
Load comments