Health Notes appears on a space-available basis, free for nonprofits. Listings appear at the discretion of The Gazette. Email information at least two weeks in advance: email@example.com.
Chef Showcase — 5:30 p.m. May 16, to benefit Rocky Mountain Health Care Services, Hotel Elegante, 2886 S. Circle Drive. Cost and reservations: rmhcare.org.
Children’s Hospital Opening Balloon Ball — To benefit Children’s Hospital Colorado at Colorado Springs, 5:30-11 p.m. April 26, 4090 Briargate Parkway. Reservations: childrenscoloradofoundation.org
Community Health and Wellness Luncheon — With ear, nose and throat specialty care clinic physician Dr. Kimberly Atiyeh, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. April 18, Woodland Park Library, 218 E. Midland Ave., Woodland Park, free. Reservations: 686-5828, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make-a-Wish Bingo Night — 5:30-9 p.m. Saturday, Villa Sport Athletic Club, 5904 Prairie Schooner Drive, free, $7 suggested donation; tinyurl.com/y2se2vkg.
PILLAR — Registration: 633-4991, pillarinstitute.org.
• Medicare A, B, C, D and all that Stuff, 1-4 p.m. April 27, PILLAR Office, 1710 Briargate Blvd., Suite 847, admission is canned goods.
PPACG Area Agency on Aging Classes — Free, registration: 471-2096.
• Medicare 101, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Ute Pass Library, 8010 Severy Road, Cascade.
• Medicare — Who Me? 5:30-7:30 p.m. April 18, PPACG, 14 S. Chestnut St.
Red Ribbon Ball — To benefit Southern Colorado Health Network/Southern Colorado AIDS Project, April 20, Antlers hotel, 4 S. Cascade Ave. Reservations: coloradohealthnetwork.org.
Spring Information Night for Families of Special Needs Adults or Children — 6-8 p.m. April 25, Colorado Springs Senior Center, 1514 N. Hancock Ave., free. Registration: 722-5551, email@example.com.
Stop the Bleed — Bleeding control basics classes, free. Registration: bleedingcontrol.org.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. or 3-4 p.m. April 19, Penrose Hospital Pavilion, 2312 N. Nevada Ave.
TEAL Charity Auction — To benefit Sue DiNapoli Ovarian Cancer Society, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday, Ross Auction, 2430 S. Academy Blvd; beovaryaware.org.
UCHealth Memorial Hospital HealthLink classes, screenings and programs — Registration: 444-2273, option 3, uchealth.org/healthlink.
• Power to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Healthy Choices Bring Powerful Change, 6-7:45 p.m. May 1, Aug. 7, Dec. 4, UCHealth Memorial Administrative Center, 2420 E. Pikes Peak Ave., $20 per class.
Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia — 9:30 a.m. April 20, Jackson Creek Senior Living, 16601 Jackson Creek Parkway, free. Registration: 725-6060, jacksoncreekseniorliving.com.
Walk to Defeat ALS — 11 a.m. May 4, America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive. Registration: tinyurl.com/yc4hu5da.