Virtual Write Brain — Your Author Online Platform, Websites, Social Media, Graphics, oh My! with Pikes Peak Writers, 6-8:30 p.m. Tuesday tinyurl.com/ycmys482.
June Art Hope Event — With outdoor authors Stewart Green and Jamie Siebrase, 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Covered Treasures Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 481-2665, coveredtreasures.com.
Pikes Peak Library District’s Summer Adventure — Through Aug. 14 kids and teens up to age 18 can participate and win prizes through reading, moving and imagining. For information or to register, go to ppld.org/summer-adventure.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Recent regional author offerings:
• ”Domestic Violence: Tragedy and Hope” by Janet L. Kerr, Patricia L. Lostroh, Frances T. Pilch, Dave McCone, Howard Black, Douglas J. Miles and Erika Vida. Published by Robert Reed Publishers. Summary: Beginning with a discussion of the magnitude of the problem of domestic violence, the authors present a fictional narrative of “Suzanne,” whose relationship with her intimate partner dissolves into abuse and violence, both physical and emotional. What follows is expert commentary on her story.
All Pikes Peak District Library branches now have almost all services, resources and spaces available again. Face coverings are optional inside all of the branches, except for Manitou Springs Library, but strongly encouraged for those 11 years and older who are not fully vaccinated. For information go to ppld.org.
• Calhan Library, 600 Bank St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Branch Library, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain Library Branch, 230 S. Main St., Fountain
• High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library, in the Manitou Art Center, 515 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Branch, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Old Colorado City Library Branch, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake Library Branch, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Branch, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Branch, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Branch, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass Branch Library, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE