NOTE: The bulletin board and honor roll run Sundays unless there is a space shortage. Please submit sports announcements by 5 p.m. Thursday to Gazette Sports, 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Suite 100, 80903; fax to 636-0163; or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Bulletin Board” or “Honor Roll” with name and phone number.
• Catamounts Baseball is adding youth teams for the 2020 season; 9U, 10U, 11U, 13U and 14U. Tryouts will be July 28 at UCCS baseball park. Please email email@example.com for age group tryout time and additional tryout dates. Contact Mark Leasure @ 719-287-7237 if you have more questions.
• Colorado Springs Summer Baseball extended registration for its minors division ages 9-10. Visit www.coloradospringssummerbaseball.com or contact Mark Telander at 719-244-1518 or Jorge Lacayo at 719-648-5171.
• West El Paso Baseball machine pitch league extended registration for its rookies division ages 6-8. Visit www.westelpasobaseball.com or contact Mark Telander at 719-244-1518 or Jorge Lacayo at 719-648-5171.
• Colorado Springs Fall Baseball is accepting online and mail-in registrations for the 2019 fall baseball season. Registration lasts until Aug. 20. Everyone is welcome ages 7-18. Visit www.coloradospringsfallbaseball.com or contact Mark Telander at 719-244-1518 or Jorge Lacayo at 719-648-5171.
• Rippers Baseball is looking for 12u and 13u players for summer 2019. Tryouts at Rippers. Interested parties call 719-492-2888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Doherty High School is looking for a varsity football special teams coordinator, a JV soccer head coach and a lower-level volleyball coach. Interested parties send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
• Liberty is seeking head track and field, C team volleyball, JV and C baseball, and JV girls’ tennis coaches. Interested parties, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coronado is searching for a boys’ basketball JV coach. Interested parties, submit resume and letter of interest to coach David Thomas at David.Thomas@d11.org.
• Pine Creek is looking for a girls’ lacrosse head coach and an assistant volleyball coach. Interested parties send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
• St. Mary’s has opening for a boys’ golf coach, a head boys’ lacrosse coach and a head boys’ wrestling coach. Interested parties should contact Vince Nigro at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and resume.
• Woodland Park is in need of a boys’ soccer coach and a girls’ basketball coach. Interested parties contact Joe Roskam at email@example.com
• Lewis-Palmer is looking for a varsity defensive coordinator, JV head coach and C team head coach for the boys’ lacrosse program. Interested parties should contact AD Nick Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or head coach Bill Zoldi at email@example.com
• Front Range Fencing is hosting summer classes for children and adults at the Chinook Trail Elementary School Gym. For more information visit www.frontrangefencingclub.com
• Pikes Peak Women’s Golf League is looking for new members. Women over 18 with varying handicaps gather Tuesday afternoons for nine or 18 holes at various courses throughout the area. Play is through Oct. 8.
• Pikes Peak Catamount Hockey has four youth hockey programs:
Mites (U8): Thursday and Aug. 1, 8, 16 and 23 from 5:15-6:15 p.m. Cost is $150.
Mile High Mites (in conjunction with the Colorado Avalanche): Same days and times as Mites. Players will receive a complete set of equipment and an equipment bag to keep. Cost $190.
Pee Wee (U10-U16): July 29, 31 and Aug. 5, 7 5:45-7:45 p.m. and Aug. 2, 7 from 5:15-7:15 p.m. Cost is $300.
For questions, more information or to register visit www.ppc.hockey.
• If interested in becoming an official, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To become a baseball ump for free, contact email@example.com.
• If interested in officiating youth baseball and softball during spring and summer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• Pickleball is available at Colorado Springs Pickleball at 1120 Elkton Drive, Suite C, 80907. One indoor court (with an outdoor court surface, as opposed to a gym surface) is available from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. daily and by advance reservation only for $5 per player for a 2-hour slot with a minimum of four players and a maximum eight per slot. Interested parties can reserve by calling 719-930-2822 or please visit CSPickleball.com for more information.
• Pickleball is available at The Arena at 4003 N. Weber. Two courts will be available from 7-11 a.m. and from noon-3 p.m. Monday through Friday for $5 per player per session with a third court available for $20 per hour. Interested parties call 719-428-5466 or visit TheArenaCS.com.
• The Pikes Peak Ping Pong Club meets Sundays from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at Manitou Springs High School. Paddles and professional tables and pingpong robots are provided along with instruction from a national coach, trainer and state champion at $5 for students, $10 for adults. Visit the Pikes Peak Ping Pong Club Facebook page or call Scott Preiss at 719-231-9363 for more information.
• Pride Soccer is taking registrations for its Fall Recreational League. Games begin Sept. 7 and run through Oct. 26. Register online at www.pridesoccer.com or contact Patti Wasson at 597-6700 x 207 for any additional information.
• Registration is underway for junior tennis camps for boys and girls ages 8-16. All levels welcome. Sessions offered through August. For more information call camp director Hans Carlson at 719-213-7625 or visit cospringstennis.com/summer.
• City Parks and Recreation is holding kids tennis lessons at Memorial Park, John Venezia Park and Woodmen Valley Park. No experience required. Interested parties visit www.springstennis.com to register or call 719-385-6023 for more information.
• St. Mary’s High School is hosting an All-Skills volleyball camp for junior high and high school athletes Aug. 5-7 from 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Cost is $75.
• Liberty High School is hosting a youth volleyball camp Tuesday through Thursday for boys and girls grades 3-9. Pre-registration $75. Walk-in price is $90. Register at http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-4814557/summer-camp-registration-form. Contact coach Amy Adams at email@example.com for more questions.
• Rise Volleyball holds a program between YMCA volleyball and club developmental. Rise is accepting registration for its fall session, which will run Mondays from Sept. 9 to Oct. 21. For girls in grades 3-4 sessions run 5-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m. for girls grades 5-6. Cost is $110 with early pricing at $100 for sign-ups prior to Aug. 1. Email Kimberley Garnhart at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Lab South in Monument is offering beach volleyball training every Monday and Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Pay for the month or try a day. For more information call Michael Patton at 303-9616-4847. There is Sunday night indoor drop-in for $10 each 6-8 p.m.
• Duane Starke bowled a 755 series at King Pin Lanes.
• John Pressprich had a hole-in-one on No. 8 of the Prairie course at Patty Jewett on July 16. Witnesses were Scott Unger, Andrea Scott and Jennifer Carpenter.
• The Colorado Springs Little League Girls Softball All Star Team 8-10-year-old division won the state championship.
The team defeated the Orchard Mesa Little League All Stars 17-5 and 13-2 in Grand Junction. The team includes Bailey Williams, Abby Stenerson, Hannah Sadorus, JoJo Kalkman, Mackenna Dempsey, Madison Martin, Makaybree Nay, Makenna Gonzales, Maritza Enriquez, Rylie Hanna, and Nahlia Zunk. The coach of the state champs is Kaitlin Powell, with assistants Aaron Gibson and Ralph Pineda.