fire

A grass fire in Colorado Springs caused "minor explosions." Photo courtesy Colorado Springs Fire Department.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department made quick work of a grass fire Thursday afternoon.

The department reported the blaze just after 2 p.m. at 4575 Galley Road. The area is between Powers and Academy.

The fire department tweeted out there were multiple "minor explosions" that may have been propane tanks.

The blaze started in the area of a homeless camp in a creek bed, according to a firefighter on scene.

Read more at KKTV

Load comments