NOTE: The bulletin board and honor roll run Sundays unless there is a space shortage. Please submit sports announcements by 5 p.m. Thursday to Gazette Sports, 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Suite 100, 80903; fax to 636-0163; or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Bulletin Board” or “Honor Roll” with name and phone number.
• Colorado Springs Summer Baseball will be accepting online and mail-in registrations for the 2020 summer season March 1 to May 20. Walk-in registration at El Pomar Youth Sports Park is May 2 and 9 from 9 a.m.-noon. Ages 9-18 are welcome. For additional information visit the website at www.coloradospringssummerbaseball.com or contact Mark Telander at 719-244-1518 and Jorge Lacayo 719-648-5171. Or email email@example.com
• West El Paso Baseball, the longest running pitching-machine league in Colorado Springs, will be accepting on-line and mail-in registrations for the 2020 summer baseball season starting March 1 to May 20. Walk-in registration at El Pomar Youth Sports Park is May 2 and May 9 from 9 a.m.-noon. No boundaries, ages 6-8. For additional information visit our website at www.westelpasobaseball.com or contact Jorge Lacayo 719-648-5171 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Se habla Espanol.
• Coach Dan McKiernan will direct a “Hall of Fame” Basketball Camp March 24-27 at Colorado Springs Christian School. Camp takes place from 9 a.m.-noon. Boys and Girls in grades 3-8 are welcome. Cost is $60 at the door, $45 for team registrations. Register at http://bit.ly/HOFspring2020camp.
• Vista Ridge Basketball is hosting the Winter Basketball Academy in February for students grades 3-8. Visit vistaridgebasketball.org for more information.
• Liberty is looking for a head volleyball coach. Interested parties apply at www.asd20.org
• Pine Creek is searching for an assistant track coach with hurdles experience. Send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
• Mitchell is searching for a head varsity football coach. Interested parties email Al Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
• Doherty is looking for two junior varsity football coaches and two freshman football coaches.
• Lewis-Palmer is looking for a varsity defensive coordinator, JV head coach and C team head coach for boys’ lacrosse. Interested parties should contact AD Nick Baker at email@example.com or coach Bill Zoldi at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Valley Hi 9’s Ladies League has openings. League play takes place Tuesday mornings from May to September. Contact Hattie Shankland at 719-330-7796, Pat McConnell at 719-442-0763, Sherma Castle at 719-571-0079 or Lynn Coulter at email@example.com.
• Front Range Fencing Club registration is open for classes. Classes are for children, teens and adults. Students need only wear gym pants, gym shoes and a T-shirt. Class size is limited and usually fills early. Intermediate and advanced ongoing classes and competitive lessons are offered. Tastings, scout experience fencing sessions, after school programs and corporate sessions are also available. Visit www.frontrangefencingclub.com for information.
• If interested in becoming an official, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To become a baseball ump for free, contact PikesPeakSportsOfficials@gmail.com.
• If interested in officiating youth baseball and softball during spring and summer, contact email@example.com for details.
• Pickleball is available at Colorado Springs Pickleball at 1120 Elkton Drive, Suite C, 80907. One indoor court (that has an outdoor court surface, as opposed to a gym floor surface) is available from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. daily by advance reservation only. It is $20 an hour with a minimum 2-hour rental and maximum nine players per time slot. Reserve by calling 719-930-2822 or visit CSPickleball.com for more information.
• Pickleball is available at The Arena at 4003 N. Weber. Two courts will be available from 7-11 a.m. and from noon-3 p.m. Monday through Friday for $5 per player per session with a third court available for $20 per hour. Interested parties call 719-428-5466 or visit TheArenaCS.com.
• The Pikes Peak Ping Pong Club meets Sundays from 1:30-4:30 p.m. at Manitou Springs High School. Paddles and professional tables and pingpong robots are provided along with instruction from a national coach, trainer and state champion at $5 for students, $10 for adults. Visit the Pikes Peak Ping Pong Club Facebook page or call Scott Preiss at 719-231-9363 for more information.
Rocky Mountain State Games
• Registration is open for the 2020 Rocky Mountain State Games. The 19th annual games take place primarily July 17-19 and 24-26. Most games take place in Colorado Springs. More than 10,000 athletes are expected to compete for prized medals. Visit RockyMountainStateGames.org for early registration discounts and information. Registration for most events is available now.
• Colorado Springs Rugby Club is looking for male and female players for its spring season. It is a growing club, and welcomes players of all skill levels. Preseason practices begin in February with games beginning in March. Schedules are available at www.springsrugby.com or for more information contact 719-331-4410 (men’s team) or 719-354-1779 (women’s team).
• Pride Soccer is taking registrations for the Spring Recreational Soccer League. Games begin March 28 and run through May 16. The deadline to register is Feb. 28. Go to www.pridesoccer.com to register or contact Patti Wasson at 597-6700 x 207 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
• The Rocky Mountain Rapids Swim Team registration is open for ages 6-18. Practices held at Liberty High School. Visit rockymountainrapids.org for more information.
• Kids Tennis Lessons through City Parks and Recreation! Saturday Spring classes will be held at three City locations (Memorial Park, JohnVenezia Park and Woodmen Valley Park). Classes start March 14th. No experience required! We have a class for all kids! Visit:www.SpringsTennis.com to register or for more information call (719)385-6023. Learn a lifetime sport! Very affordable!
• Rise Volleyball is offering sessions for players between YMCA volleyball and club developmental for the spring season. Sessions will be Tuesdays in April and in May through May 19. Sessions will take place at Prairie Hills Elementary. Girls in grades 3-6 are welcome. Cost is $110. Early bird sign-up for $100 is available through Monday. Email Kimberley Garnhart at email@example.com to register or for more information. Registration deadline is March 16.
• Colorado juniors volleyball is offering development club teams. Kids 11-15 years old welcome. Season runs December to early March. Visit www.coloradojuniors.org.
• Shane Hayden bowled a 300 game and a 753 series and Tish Johnson a 704 series at King Pin Lanes.