Work For Us
As a next career step, it doesn't get much better than a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper in the heart of Colorado Springs. The Gazette is the preferred source for news and information among the nearly half million people residing in El Paso and Teller counties. Our employees play an integral part in publishing the local daily newspaper, as well as gazette.com , coloradosprings.com , outtherecolorado.com and via our social media channels.
The Gazette employs a diverse group of talented people and offers its employees an exceptional benefits package. If you are interested in applying for one or more of our positions, download our application and send it, along with other requirements mentioned in the ad to the listed contact person.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: 2015
The Gazette is Colorado Springs’ daily newspaper with a newsroom of about 60 people working on our newspaper and online sites. We offer both paid and unpaid (for-credit) internships all year.
Duration and specific dates are arranged according to the needs of the interns and the editors. newsroom of about 60 people working on our newspaper and online sites. We offer both paid and unpaid (for-credit) internships all year. We are currently accepting applications for our summer 2015 intern positions.
Please address Photo department internship queries to Mark Reis at email@example.com
Who Is Eligible
- Preferred candidates are college Journalism students in their junior or senior year.
- Applicants must have previous newsroom experience and clips.
- Self-reliance, computer literacy and social media skills are required. Video and audio production skills are a plus.
- Reporting interns must have access to a reliable car.
- Interns who are awarded an unpaid internship must be able to arrange with their school to obtain college credits for their work here before the internship begins.
- Reporting interns may be called upon to write for any news section of our paper and online sites, depending on our needs and their interests and skills. They do general assignment stories and an occasional project.
- Copy-editing and design interns can expect evening work.
Deadline for applications is Feb. 1, 2015.
- Applicants should send a resume, no more than six examples of their best work and a cover letter that includes availability and qualifications.
- Cover letter should include preferred beat or interest.
- Applications should be mailed to:
30 East Pikes Peak Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
You may email your material to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "intern application" in the subject line.
Direct specific questions to email@example.com
The Colorado Springs Gazette is seeking a part-time (2 days a week: approximately 8 hours per week) Merchandiser. This position is typically required Sunday and Wednesday mornings to drive to retail locations and verify newspaper delivery, placement and in-store conditions. Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, within required days and times.
The Gazettes community focused reporting make it Colorado Springs' premier news source for local, national and international headlines. The paper engages the reader with in-depth, comprehensive information available daily. The Gazette aims to serve as the most detailed and insightful local news source in Colorado Springs.
The ideal candidate will serve as a proactive ambassador of The Gazette by representing the organization in a positive, professional manner.
•Computer skills including Word and Excel are needed to fill out daily reports.
•Candidates must have a valid driver's license, insurance and dependable transportation.
•Excellent Customer Service skills.
•Strong organizational/communication skills.
•Flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, early morning hours and holidays.
•Responsible for distributing promotional material, cleaning displays, and reporting issues.
•Reported mileage is reimbursed at $0.27 per mile.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job posting "Merchandiser (Part-Time)" in the subject header of your email
To apply via Monster at: Merchandiser-PT-Job-US-147701553