Work For Us
As a next career step, it doesn't get much better than a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper in the heart of Colorado Springs. The Gazette is the preferred source for news and information among the nearly half million people residing in El Paso and Teller counties. Our employees play an integral part in publishing the local daily newspaper, as well as gazette.com , coloradosprings.com , outtherecolorado.com and via our social media channels.
The Gazette employs a diverse group of talented people and offers its employees an exceptional benefits package. If you are interested in applying for one or more of our positions, download our application and send it, along with other requirements mentioned in the ad to the listed contact person.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: 2015
The Gazette is Colorado Springs’ daily newspaper with a newsroom of about 60 people working on our newspaper and online sites. We offer both paid and unpaid (for-credit) internships all year.
Duration and specific dates are arranged according to the needs of the interns and the editors. newsroom of about 60 people working on our newspaper and online sites. We offer both paid and unpaid (for-credit) internships all year. We are currently accepting applications for our summer 2015 intern positions.
Please address Photo department internship queries to Mark Reis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Is Eligible
- Preferred candidates are college Journalism students in their junior or senior year.
- Applicants must have previous newsroom experience and clips.
- Self-reliance, computer literacy and social media skills are required. Video and audio production skills are a plus.
- Reporting interns must have access to a reliable car.
- Interns who are awarded an unpaid internship must be able to arrange with their school to obtain college credits for their work here before the internship begins.
- Reporting interns may be called upon to write for any news section of our paper and online sites, depending on our needs and their interests and skills. They do general assignment stories and an occasional project.
- Copy-editing and design interns can expect evening work.
Deadline for applications is Feb. 1, 2015.
- Applicants should send a resume, no more than six examples of their best work and a cover letter that includes availability and qualifications.
- Cover letter should include preferred beat or interest.
- Applications should be mailed to:
30 East Pikes Peak Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
You may email your material to email@example.com. Include "intern application" in the subject line.
Direct specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
OutThereColorado.com DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
OutThereColorado.com is looking for a digital marketing specialist. As our digital marketing specialist you will play a key role in OutThereColorado.com’s mission to deliver an exceptional online experience to the Colorado outdoor enthusiast.
You will drive product awareness through the distribution of content tailored to the adventure lifestyle audience. You have a knack for bringing fresh ideas to the table and the ability to implement those ideas across all digital channels.
You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and strong business acumen. You are an intrinsically motivated individual with experience and a passion for content strategy, audience development and community participation.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships between outdoor industry representatives’, local area experts, outdoor industry contacts and outdoor recreation
- Develop a marketing plan to increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, leverage social media and develop audience for OutThereColorado.com
- Develop a plan to solicit and publish user generated content through reviews and comments
- Create a user email content distribution plan that includes multiple weekly e-newsletters, custom e-newsletter promotions, e-newsletter advertising and management of respective contact lists
- Investigate new products and ideas through outdoor retailers and crowd funding sites like kickstarter.com to produce a pipeline of potential products for users to sample as well as native advertising opportunities
- Maintain a consistent tone and voice on all digital channels
- Create community outreach programs and become a community advocate for OutThereColorado.com
- Design, create and manage promotions and Facebook and Google ad campaigns
- Demonstrate ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of audience development programs. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Proficient knowledge of Colorado’s outdoor recreation.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field plus five years of experience highly preferred. Minimum of Associate’s degree with eight years of relevant experience required or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in digital publishing either in house with a consumer brand or in media, brand digital marketing and or social media influencer marketing or a creative/communications agency background is a plus.
OutThereColorado.com is owned and operated by the Colorado Springs Gazette. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com