Do you want to build next generation enterprise web sites, landing pages, interactive experiences and native applications?
If so, join the Colorado Springs Gazette and make an immediate impact! The Gazette is looking for a motivated, creative, totally awesome and team-oriented full-time PHP Developer to work on challenging interactive digital projects in a fast-paced media environment.
The ideal candidate is an experienced PHP developer with professional experience, as they will participate in the analysis, design and implementation while adhering to industry best practices in PHP development.
WHY THE GAZETTE?
Intrapreneurship: Innovate isn’t just a buzz word here its our mantra so join a culture that encourages you to propose and build your own ideas.
Experience: We have a large variety digital projects going on non-stop so put theory into practice and projects on your resume.
Bragging Rights: When your friends say they love the look and feel of our solution, you get the credit.
Fantastic Culture: Most describe our team as a group of close knit, incredibly talented, and highly caffeinated people.
Downtown: Work right downtown with amazing food, trails, and cultural events – all within walking distance.
- Will work with Designer and Project Manager to develop applications according to the defined specifications.
- Propose system modifications and enhancements
- Provide production support of enterprise systems by investigating and resolving system problems and user questions
- Provide technical direction in analysis, design, implementation and documentation of new or existing systems and perform development or implementation as required
- Will coordinate with management, team lead and other members in planning and meeting all objectives and be responsible for proper estimation and tracking of development efforts
- Prepare program specifications and procedures necessary to support development process
- Will develop and maintain a solid understanding of the group’s technical architecture
- Maintain existing codebase to include troubleshooting bugs and add new features
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience developing websites with PHP (5.4/5.5)
- Experience with at least one MVC Framework such as Symfony, Laravel, Zend or CodeIgniter
- Experiences with MySQL, including design & deployment of relational tables
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern front-end technologies including: Bootstrap, CSS3, SASS, LESS, HTML5 and jQuery
- Strong knowledge of content management systems preferably Wordpress
- Cross-browser/platform web development best practices, using modern browser development tools
- Knowledge of user-centric design and development concepts, including information architecture, usability testing and prototyping
- Experience working with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience with high traffic, bandwidth optimized websites utilizing enterprise architecture
- Leads small to medium-sized projects from concept through implementation
- Works closely with all departments of the company
- Supports the company’s web analytics, search engine marketing and search engine optimization efforts as well as all brands in The Gazette’s portfolio
- Works with other technical staff to plan the most efficient design and implementation of content features
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com