Flying high in third place in the Western Conference standings, the Switchbacks are facing a tough challenge with just five regular season home games left. On the brink of a playoff spot, the Switchbacks are eager for another shot at the finals.
Primed and ready for a deep run in the playoffs, there’s really no reason not to get out and root them on, but if you still need a reason, here’s a list:
- Family Fun – The atmosphere at Switchbacks Stadium is designed with families in mind. The smaller, more intimate venue gives kids a chance to see the action and their favorite players up-close. Just about everyone there is out to watch the game, have a few laughs, eat good grub, and spend time with their families.
- Promote local businesses & city pride – Local businesses help build strong communities by linking neighbors in economic and social relationships and by contributing to local causes, not to mention providing jobs and boosting the economy, which ultimately cultivates city pride and a stronger community.
- They are your community –They’re not just soccer games. They are community assemblies for families to connect with the team and kids are engaged by professional athletes. After every match the players take time to interact with their fans by signing autographs and taking pictures. Local youth soccer teams, like Rush and Pride, have opportunities to walk out onto the field with players. The team spends time visiting youth centers, instilling positive influences and confidence in our kids.
- Excitement of professional sports – One of the only professional sports teams in the Springs and the ONLY locally-owned professional team in the Springs! Switchback’s players are paid to play – this is their full time job. Showing community support will keep them in town and boost their potential to compete in the USL.
- Player/Fan interaction – The Switchback’s stadium is not much larger than your average high school stadium which means there are no bad seats – no big concrete beam in your way, and no massive traffic jam on the way out. Fans have developed personal relationships with the players and they know each other by name. Along with opportunities to interact with the players during games and other events, Base Camp gives the fans an opportunity to be a part of a support group culture that takes the game experience to another level.
- Friendly staff – The whole crew, from the front office to the staff working the games, is eager to give fans an outstanding experience. The Switchbacks front office makes it a priority to have a professional environment and ensure that every fan feels appreciated and are taken care of.
- Team itself – The Switchbacks team is always ready and eager to fight for a Championship and proved a worthy opponent against the Rapids in a tough battle during the Open Cup. You won’t miss out on a fast paced game with talented players who have the potential to make it to the next level in the MLS. This is your chance to get to know them before they hit the big stage.
- Great Value – Getting out to a Switchback’s is a great alternative to the hassle and cost of driving to Commerce City to see the Rapids. With a much more convenient location, fans can appreciate the lack of parking-lot aggravations, shorter lines at concession stands, and a cost-efficient price that makes it more than worthwhile for a night out.
- Events – Switchbacks games have a special event linked to each game bringing the fans even more excitement, interaction, and entertainment. Special events include Military Night, Superhero Night, Cancer Awareness Night, Fireworks, First Responders, and more! Local individuals, families, and organizations are often spotlighted during special events.
- Outdoor – It doesn’t get much better than spending summer nights in Colorado outdoors! Our remarkable evening climate combined with the captivating views of Pikes Peak and the Front Range, topped off with one of our spectacular sunsets and a Switchback’s win in front of the home crowd craft the ideal family night out.