- Linda Robinson has been named payroll manager for WHPacific's Colorado Springs office. Robinson has 16 years of experience in human resources, including nine years of supervisory experience. Robinson will be responsible for payroll administration and processing for WHPacific nationwide. Before joining WHPacific, she was a payroll and benefits administrator at Velcon Filters. WHPacific is a design company with business lines that include architecture, building engineering and water resources.
- Tanan Miles has been promoted to director of electronic banking delivery at Ent Federal Credit Union. It's a newly created position focusing on utilization of Ent's electronic products and services and data analysis. He'll also assist with new product research and recommendations. Miles has been with Ent for seven years and most recently served as a service area manager. He has been in the credit union industry for more than 18 years and has a bachelor's degree in business management from Southern Utah University.
- Two affiliates of Strategic Financial Partners - Mark Larivee, a Life Underwriting and Training Course Fellow, and Tim Watson, certified financial planner - have qualified for the Court of the Table of the Million Dollar Round Table. In addition, Bob Book, who is also with Strategic Financial Partners, has qualified for Securian Financial Services Chairman's Club, 2012. This recognition honors the top 18 advisers in the U.S. within the Securian system Financial Network.
Strategic Financial Partners, headquartered in Colorado Springs, is an independently owned and operated financial services firm with offices in Salt Lake City and Ogden, Utah.
- Brad L. Hallock, who has 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, is now part of the McAlpin Foster Advisors team. He previously worked with MetLife of the Rockies in Colorado Springs. Hallock is working on becoming a certified financial planner and brings a background in special needs planning to his new job.
- Kenton and Rikki Pass have opened The SawHorse Company, a full-service residential remodeling and interior design firm. They specialize in the design and construction of kitchens, baths, additions, whole-house and historic remodeling.
- American Medical Response of El Paso County was named Agency of the Year at the Plains to Peaks Regional Emergency Medical and Trauma Advisory Council's annual EMS and Trauma Awards ceremony last month in Limon. Other winners include Michelle Hess of El Paso-Teller E-911 Authority, EMS Instructor of the Year; Dr. Jeremy DeWall of Teller County Search & Rescue, Medical Director of the Year; Natalie Sosa, with the city of Fountain Police Communications, Dispatcher of the Year; Pam Assid, St. Francis Medical Center, Emergency Nurse of the Year; and Luchia Tingley, city of Fountain Police Communications, Career Lifetime Achievement.
In addition, the "Step Up" Award was presented collectively to the following agencies for their work in evacuating the Mount St. Francis nursing home during the Waldo Canyon fire: AirLife Denver, Black Forest Fire/Rescue, Calhan FPD, Mountain Metropolitan Transit, Flight for Life Colorado, Fountain Fire Department, Hanover FPD, Memorial Star Transport Team, Rural Metro, Stratmoor Hills FPD, AMR-Denver, AMR-Pueblo and AMR-Canon City.
The Plains to Peaks RETAC consists of five counties: Cheyenne, El Paso, Kit Carson, Lincoln and Teller.
- Tarryall River Ranch, about 40 miles from Colorado Springs, received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor for outstanding hospitality and exceptional service. TripAdvisor says only the top 10 percent of businesses on its website receive the award, which is based on customers' online reviews. To qualify, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five. The volume of reviews received in the previous 12 months is also considered.
How to submit business items
Deadline for all items is 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The submission must include the name of the event, its time, date and place, with the address included. Also include contact information for the public, which can include a phone number, an email address or a Web address, and whether there is a cost.
Items may also be submitted online by visiting http://events. gazette.com/listings. It is a free service but will require registration for a username and password.
The Essentials listings are for awards, promotions, new hires and new businesses. Pictures may be included but must be at least 1MB in size. Head shots are recommended.
Email information to email@example.com, fax to 636-0202 or use the online form at gazette.com/business.