Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Students treated after ingesting marijuana edibles

Associated Press Published: January 24, 2014
Associated Press Published: January 24, 2014

MONTROSE — Police say two students at Olathe (oh-LAY'-thuh) High School have been taken to a hospital after eating marijuana-infused edibles and another student is under investigation. The Montrose Daily Press reported Thursday police have turned the matter over to the district attorney to...

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

To continue reading please register for FREE below.

or
*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
Advertisement

MONTROSE — Police say two students at Olathe (oh-LAY'-thuh) High School have been taken to a hospital after eating marijuana-infused edibles and another student is under investigation.

The Montrose Daily Press reported Thursday police have turned the matter over to the district attorney to decide whether to file charges against a 14-year-old suspected of providing the marijuana.

Police are also investigating how the suspect allegedly got the marijuana. The nature of the edibles wasn't immediately available.

Olathe Police Chief Justin Harlan says it's too early to tell whether the incident is related to the legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado. Adult recreational use became legal on Jan. 1.

Comment Policy

If you are a subscriber or registered user we welcome your comments. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement