Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Structure fires on Thursday and Friday were accidental

lisa walton lisa.walton@gazette.com - Published: May 2, 2014
lisa walton lisa.walton@gazette.com - Published: May 2, 2014

Two fires that burned Thursday night and early Friday morning in Colorado Springs were accidental, firefighters said. Improper storage of flammable liquids caused a blaze at a vacant commercial building at 7625 N. Union Blvd. just north of Briargate Boulevard around 8 p.m. Thursday, Colorado...

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

Register for 4 more free articles.

or
*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
Advertisement

Two fires that burned Thursday night and early Friday morning in Colorado Springs were accidental, firefighters said.

Improper storage of flammable liquids caused a blaze at a vacant commercial building at 7625 N. Union Blvd. just north of Briargate Boulevard around 8 p.m. Thursday, Colorado Springs firefighters said. More than 30 firefighters responded and quickly extinguished the fire. No one was injured, firefighters said.

In the second fire early Friday morning in southeast Colorado Springs, five people were treated for smoke inhalation and taken to a hospital after a space heater sparked a fire in their mobile home. When firefighters arrived around 4 a.m., they found heavy smoke billowing from the home at the Meadows Mobile Home Park, 4825 Astrozon Blvd.

Comment Policy

If you are a subscriber or registered user we welcome your comments. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Gazette’s Deal of the Day
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement