Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Spring storm with rain - even snow - expected to hit the Colorado Springs area

April 20, 2017 Updated: April 20, 2017 at 2:29 pm
0
photo - The view looking east toward Colorado Springs from the summit of Pikes Peak on Thursday morning. (Courtesy of Pikes Peak Cog Railway)
The view looking east toward Colorado Springs from the summit of Pikes Peak on Thursday morning. (Courtesy of Pikes Peak Cog Railway) 

A spring storm that's expected to enter the Colorado Springs area Thursday afternoon will stick around into Saturday, according to the National Weather Service in Pueblo.

The weather service predicted highs of 59 degrees Thursday, 49 degrees Friday and 54 degrees Saturday.

Thursday is expected to be mostly sunny before a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms begins after 3 p.m., according to the weather service. By nighttime, the chance of rain increases to 60 percent.

"Shower chances will increase later in the day," Gazette news partner KKTV reported, adding that "we could even have a rumble of thunder or two."

In some areas, the storm could bring small amounts of snow.

"Scattered shower chances will continue Thursday night, and there may be some wet snow in Teller and far northern El Paso County," KKTV reported. "It likely won't cause any issues, just don't be surprised if you see some."

Friday has a 60 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon and decreasing in likelihood as the day goes on, according to the weather service. Friday night has a 20 percent chance of showers before 1 a.m., after which the rain might mix with snow. Saturday has a 20 percent chance of snow showers before 7 a.m., when it is expected to mix with rain and then end.

"Saturday will be cool, with a chance for a spotty shower or two," KKTV reported. "Beyond Saturday, warmer and drier weather returns."

-

Contact Ellie Mulder: 636-0198

Twitter: @lemarie

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Incognito Mode Your browser is in Incognito mode

You vanished!

We welcome you to read all of our stories by signing into your account. If you don't have a subscription, please subscribe today for daily award winning journalism.

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.