A Colorado Springs house fire in late January was caused by smoking, the Colorado Springs Fire Department said Wednesday.
The Jan. 30 fire at 6130 Turret Drive on the city's north side was accidentally started.
The small fire was first reported just after 12:30 a.m. Jan. 30, the department reported. Firefighters found smoke coming from a smoldering mattress in the basement of the home, which was put out with a water extinguisher.
A smoke alarm prompted residents to leave the home, the Fire Department said.
No injuries were reported.