Published: June 13, 2013
BLACK FOREST FIRE
Here are a list of closures resulting from the Black Forest fire. If you're aware of additional closures or cancellations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them to our list.
- Colorado 83 is closed at mile marker 21.
- Effective 2:30 p.m. Thursday, I-25 northbound and southbound from Interquest Parkway to Baptist Road: left lane is for through traffic, right lane is for evacuating residents, law enforcement and first responders, according to the Colorado State Patrol's Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/CSP_News.
- Monument Academy Charter School will be closed Friday.
- All activities and programs at Lewis-Palmer School District facilities are canceled Thursday.
- Pikes Peak Community College's Rampart Range campus, 11195 Colorado 83, remains closed due to the evacuation notice. The college will monitor the situation and make a determination as to when it will reopen.
- Family of Christ Lutheran Church, home to a child development center, 675 East Baptist Road, is under pre-evacuation notice. The school asks that parents pick up their children ASAP.
- All Falcon School District 49 facilities are OPEN Thursday, though "individual building leaders, coaches, or supervisors may decide to cancel or adjust activities if fire-related disruptions make that necessary," according to the district's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/District49.
Meetings & Events
- The El Paso County Speedway has canceled the Ted Schubert Memorial Back Row Challenge, which was scheduled for June 15. The event will be rescheduled. Check www.elpasocountyspeedway.com for updates.
- The Pikes Peak Community Foundation and Venetucci Farm have postponed their barn-raising campaign launch and farm open house, which were scheduled for this June 15. The farm will be open to visitors from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., but all activities have been postponed.
- Mountain View Electric's 72nd annual meeting, which was scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Falcon High School, has been postponed indefinitely. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The Colorado Springs Business Alliance is postponing its annual State of the City Luncheon, which was scheduled for Thursday, at the request of Mayor Steve Bach, the event's keynote speaker. Registrations will automatically be applied to the rescheduled date, which has yet to be announced. Those who prefer a refund can call the alliance at 471-8183.
- All Thursday afternoon and evening activities at New Life Church have been canceled.
- Vacation Bible School at Woodmen Valley Chapel's Rockrimmon campus has been canceled Thursday, according to the Woodmen Valley website at www.woodmenvalley.org.
Child Care & Recreation
- Day campers registered at the Meridian Ranch YMCA should report to the Briargate YMCA, 4025 Family Place, according to the Pikes Peak YMCA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ppymca.
- The Pikes Peak Library District's Monument and Briargate libraries are closed Thursday. The Palmer Lake Library, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake, will be open from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. to serve Tri-Lakes patrons.
- All United States Postal Service personnel, mail and operations at the Elbert Post Office have been moved to the nearby Kiowa Post Office. Customers who receive their mail in Elbert through a post office box or on a route can pick up their mail at the Kiowa office, 708 Comanche St., Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., and Saturday, 7:30-10:30 a.m.
ROYAL GORGE FIRE
Here are a list of closures resulting from the Royal Gorge fire. If you're aware of additional closures or cancellations, send an email to email@example.com so we can add them to our list.
- US 50 is closed in both directions between CO 9 and Ca?n City. Alternate routes are North US 24, South CO 67/CO 96/CO 69.
- Pueblo Community College's Fremont Campus in Ca?n City is closed until further notice, according to a Thursday posting on the college's website at www.pueblocc.edu.