One man's alleged attempt to make hash oil with a butane torch didn't have good results late Saturday night.
Colorado Springs police say one unidentified man was in the bathroom of a unit at the Grandview Apartments in the 2500 block of East Pikes Peak Avenue when at about 10 p.m. he caused an explosion while trying to make hash oil with a torch.
Police called the damage "significant" to the one unit, but no other units were damaged,
Police say the man left the apartment before they arrived, but was later contacted by officers and determined to have been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.