Join Colorado State University Extension on August 19 for their community Plant Swap, held at the Extension Office at 17 N. Spruce Street.
How the Plant Swap works:
- Bring your plants to the swap, Saturday, August 19 from 8 to 10 a.m. for check-in.
- At check-in, you will receive a numbered ticket admitting you to the swap.
- Participants will swap in the order of the numbered tickets beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Each plant accepted entitles you to one “swap”.
- Swap begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Only perennials and houseplants will be accepted. No annuals or vegetables.
- Plants must be healthy (no bugs, diseases, etc.). No noxious weeds or invasive species.
- Labeling is encouraged and appreciated.
- Up to 20 plants per person allowed.
- No more than five of any single variety.
For more detailed plant guidelines check out: http://elpaso.extension.colostate.edu/2017-plant-swap/