Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Pizza boxes may have sparked Castle Rock fire

By: Associated Press
June 27, 2014 Updated: June 27, 2014 at 8:26 am
0

CASTLE ROCK — Pizza boxes placed too close to the stove may have ignited a fire that damaged a four-unit apartment building in Castle Rock.

Eight people escaped from the building after the fire started around 3:15 a.m. Friday. No one was injured.

Fire chief Art Morales told KMGH-TV (http://bit.ly/TpdMwq ) that a resident in one of the downstairs units told firefighters that pizza boxes sitting near the stove caught fire.

It's the third large fire in the Denver metro area this week. Arson is suspected in the two earlier fires.

___

Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Incognito Mode Your browser is in Incognito mode

You vanished!

We welcome you to read all of our stories by signing into your account. If you don't have a subscription, please subscribe today for daily award winning journalism.

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.