Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Patrons exposed to chlorine gas at amusement park

Associated Press Updated: July 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Associated Press Updated: July 11, 2014 at 7:00 pm • Published: July 11, 2014

MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) — Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool. Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler tells The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of...

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

To continue reading please register for FREE below.

or
*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
Advertisement

MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) — Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool.

Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler tells The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of chemicals at Michigan's Adventure.

Twenty-seven people were being received at two area hospitals. At least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the park's parking lot. A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.

WJRW-AM reports that two hospitals went on lockdown earlier due to the risk of chlorine exposure.

Michigan's Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state's largest amusement and water park.

Comment Policy

If you are a subscriber or registered user we welcome your comments. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement