Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Orem girl strangled by cord of window blinds

By: The Associated Press
May 11, 2014 Updated: May 11, 2014 at 8:15 pm
0

OREM, Utah (AP) — Authorities have issued a warning after 4-year-old Orem girl was accidentally strangled by the cord of window blinds.

Police say the girl was found unconscious April 30 in her bedroom after her neck became entangled in the cord. She was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Police say the death remains under investigation, but there are no indications it was anything but accidental.

The girl's name has not been released.

Orem Department of Public Safety officials urge parents to be aware of the potential hazard.

They say while children can't be protected from every danger, parents can lessen the risk of such an accident by shortening the cords on blinds and by keeping furniture that children can climb on away from windows.

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.