*Due to security updates in progress, at this time we are unable to accept credit card payments online for obituaries. We still accept all major credit cards over the telephone and in person. Please see below for instructions on how to place your obituary.
The deadline is 2 p.m. for the next day's publication (Publication Tuesday through Saturday). Deadline for Sunday and Monday publication is noon Saturday. The Gazette's business office is closed on Saturday.
The ad must be processed, proofed and paid for by the deadline.
There is no format to follow or form to fill out. Simply state what you would like to say for the obituary or memorial tribute. You may place your ad in one of the following ways:
- Call the Obituary and Announcement Desk at 719-636-0101. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm,
- Submit the notice with any photographs and pay in person at The Gazette, 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Ste 100, on the corner of Pikes Peak Ave and Tejon Street,
- Email obituary information and photo to email@example.com along with your name, address and phone number,
- Fax the notice to 719-636-0289. Photos must be sent separately (only if verbiage is faxed, sent by mail or submitted in person at The Gazette). Our mailing address: Obituaries Desk, 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
The Gazette obituaries and life tributes fee structure:
- 1-50 words: $85.00 with photo; $75.00 without photo
- 51-100 words: $135.00 with photo; $125.00 without photo
- 101-199 words: $205.00 with photo; $195.00 without photo
- 200-300 words: $285.00 with photo; $275.00 without photo
- More than 300 words: $1.00 per word; $10.00 additional for photo
Other enhancements: additional photos in your ad, $10.00 each; symbols (Mountain Cross, Rose Cross, Dove, Praying Hands, Star of David) $10 each. The Veteran's flag is free.
All obituaries include a 30-day listing at gazette.com and legacy.com. You can view the obituary, enter condolences and memories in a free guestbook, and see additional options that can be purchased such as extended time online.
Please call us at 719-636-0101 if you have further questions.