The Gazette accepts obituaries and life tributes as paid notices.
- 1-50 words: $85.00 with photo; $75.00 without photo
- 51-100 words: $135.00 with photo; $125.00 without photo
- 101-199 words: $205.00 with photo; $195.00 without photo
- 200-300 words: $285.00 with photo; $275.00 without photo
- More than 300 words: $1.00 per word; $10.00 additional for photo
- Email obituary information and photo to email@example.com along with your name, address and phone number.
Other enhancements: additional photos in your ad, $10.00 each; symbols (Mountain Cross, Rose Cross, Dove, Praying Hands, Star of David) $10 each. The Veteran's flag is free.
All obituaries include a 30-day listing at gazette.com and legacy.com. You can view the obituary, enter condolences and memories in a free guestbook, and see additional options that can be purchased such as extended time online.
The deadline is 2 p.m. for the next day's publication (Publication Tuesday through Saturday). Deadline for Sunday and Monday publication is noon Saturday (online only – click here to place your notice). The Gazette’s business office is closed on Saturday.
The ad must be processed, proofed and paid for by the deadline.
There is no format to follow or form to fill out. Simply state what you would like to say for the obituary or memorial tribute.
All life tributes are pre-paid. We do not send bills for these notices. We accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash. You may place your ad in one of the following ways:
- Click here to place your obituary online
- Obituary and Announcement Desk Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Submit the notice and any photographs and pay in person at The Gazette,
- 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Ste 100, on the corner of Pikes Peak Ave and Tejon Street.
- Fax the notice to (719) 636-0224. Photos must be sent separately (only if verbiage is faxed) by mail or submitted in person at The Gazette. Our mailing address: Obituaries Desk, 30 E. Pikes Peak Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
Please call us at (719) 636-0101 if you have further questions.