Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

NH fire damages historic B & B in Temple

By: The Associated Press
February 9, 2014 Updated: February 9, 2014 at 11:31 am
0

TEMPLE, N.H. (AP) — An historic New Hampshire bed and breakfast is closed due to fire damage caused after flames spread from another structure fire on the same property.

The Herban Living Bed and Breakfast in Temple caught fire as firefighters were battling a fire in a house nearby on the same property.

Firefighters tell WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/1d8PvlS ) that neither building was occupied at the time of the fires, which apparently started in an oil heater in the house.

Officials it took nearly three hours to extinguish the three-alarm blaze at the house and inn, located about 15 minutes from Peterborough.

The inn is located in the General Miller House, originally built in 1760.

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.