The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office opened a new 24-hour ballot drop-off location at the Colorado Springs Police Operations Center at 705 S. Nevada Ave. on Thursday.
Clerk and Recorder Wayne Williams added the new 24-hour ballot drop-off location to replace the drop-off box that was closed at Centennial Hall due to imminent safety issues. Access is still possible through other entrances to the ballot drop-off box and voting site in the lower level of Centennial Hall.
The Centennial Hall 24-hour box was closed last week after inspection revealed a significant risk with the large concrete slabs over the 24-hour ballot box and lower entrance to Centennial Hall. Last week, a 2,000 pound concrete slab fell last week.
The replacement site gives voters in El Paso County five 24-hour ballot drop-off locations:
1. Main Office at the Citizens Service Center; 1675 West Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907.
2. Colorado Springs Police Operations Center; 705 S. Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
3. North Branch Office; 8830 North Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
4. Southeast Branch Office; 5650 Industrial Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80916.
5. Charles C. “Chuck” Brown Transportation & Environmental Complex; 3275 Akers Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80922.
Want to mail your ballot for Tuesday's election?
If you want to mail your ballot, you need to get it in the mail by close of business Thursday, the clerk and recorder’s office recommends, with 66 cents worth of postage.
Here's more information:
El Paso County
The following centers are open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. every day except Sunday to vote. On Tuesday, Election Day, all centers will be open 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Citizens Service Center, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road, suite 2002; also has a 24-hour drop-off box for ballots
• Southeast Powers Branch, 5650 Industrial Place; also has a 24-hour drop-off box for ballots
• Downtown Branch at Centennial Hall, 200 S. Cascade Ave; no longer a 24-hour drop off
• North Branch, 8830 N. Union Blvd.; also has a 24-hour drop-off box for ballots
• Fountain Police Department Community Room, 222 N. Santa Fe Ave., Fountain (closing Saturday at 1 p.m.)
• Town of Monument, 645 Beacon Lite Road, Monument (closing Saturday at 1 p.m.)
• El Paso County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, 355 10th St., Calhan (closing Saturday at 1 p.m.
Other ballot drop-off locations: Charles C. “Chuck” Brown Transportation and Environmental Complex, 24-hour secure box; Ellicott School District Administration Building, 395 S. Ellicott Highway, Calhan; Falcon School District Administration Building, 10850 E. Woodmen Road, Peyton; City of Manitou Springs, 606 Manitou Ave.; Donald Westcott Fire Protection District, 15415 Gleneagle Drive; Ute Pass Elementary, 9230 Chipita Park Road; City of Colorado Springs, 30 S. Nevada Ave., suite 101.
Voting in person: Clerk and Recorder’s offices: 101 W. Bennett Ave., Cripple Creek, Thursday, Friday, Monday, 8 a.m.-4p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m., Tuesday, 7 a.m-7 p.m.
Ballot drop-off location only: 540 Manor Court, Woodland Park, Thursday, Friday, Monday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.