Monterey Road house fire likely accidental

lisa walton lisa.walton@gazette.com - Published: December 26, 2013 | 9:10 pm 0

Colorado Springs firefighters have determined that a Christmas Eve house fire that displaced 13 people and sent four to the hospital was accidental, Firefighters have not pinpointed the exact cause of the fire at the home at 2018 Monterey Road but say it was human-caused and likely started on the back porch. Firefighters had responded to the home off South Circle Drive within minutes of the blaze being reported around 12:15 p.m., and found flames erupting from the rear of the house.

About 30 firefighters were on scene and had the blaze under control just before 1 p.m. The Red Cross is helping 11 of the 13 people who were staying in the house find alternate housing, fire officials said. Firefighters estimate that $220,096 in property was lost and $76,859 in property was saved from the fire.

Comment Policy
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
APR
18
APR
19
APR
20
APR
21
APR
22
APR
23
APR
24
APR
25
APR
26
APR
27
APR
28
APR
29
APR
30
MAY
1
Advertisement