Published: July 18, 2013
Someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a Colorado Springs home overnight and police are investigating..
The incident happened at 3 a.m. Thursday on the 3300 block of Teardrop Place, near Carefree Circle, police said.
Barbara Miller, police spokeswoman, said a resident reported that up to three individuals threw a bottle of gasoline at the home's garage door, which started a fire on the outside.
The damage to the structure was minimal and no one was injured, police said.
Police said the three individuals left on foot westbound toward Inspiration Drive and stated they were possibly teenagers.
If caught, the parties responsible could face arson charges, police said.
Stay with www.gazette.com as we follow this story.