If you are looking for a certain type of education for your child or yourself, then Colorado Springs is definitely the place to be. There are 17 school districts in the Pikes Peak Region all offering a wide variety of options.
The reason for all the choices? Colorado has a state law that allows student to choice into any public school as long as seats are available, after accommodating neighborhood-based students.
To help weed through all the various options , your first stop should be Colorado Department of Education - www.cde.state.co.us.
For military school liaisons, please contact the individual school district.
- Academy District 20
- Communities: Black Forest, USAF Academy area, Springs, Northgate, Briargate, Rockrimmon
- Colorado Springs School District 11
- Communities: Peterson AFB area, Rockrimmon, Garden Ranch, Village Seven, West Side, Pleasant Valley, Downtown, Central, Broadmoor
- Falcon School District 49
- Communities: Stetson Hills, Falcon, Powers Corridor, Black Forest
- Harrison School District 2
- Communities: Downtown, Central, Pikes Peak Park
- Cheyenne Mountain School District 12
- Communities: Broadmoor, Cheyenne Mountain area
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District
- Communities: Fountain, Fort Carson area
- Security-Widefield School District 3
- Communities: Security, Widefield
- Lewis-Palmer School District 38
- Communities: Tri-lakes, Monument, Larkspur, Black Forest, GlenEagle, Palmer Lake
- Manitou Springs School District 14
- Communities: Manitou Springs, Ute Pass, Woodland Park
Home School Options
Special Education Advocacy Groups