Microwave fire at coffee shop shuts down downtown Colorado Springs street Friday morning

By: Staff reports
January 24, 2014 Updated: January 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm
0
photo - Emergency crews block off Tejon Street between Colorado and Pikes Peak avenues in downtown Colorado Springs. The fire was reported around 6 a.m. The street was still blocked at 7 a.m. (Dalton Walker/Gazette
Emergency crews block off Tejon Street between Colorado and Pikes Peak avenues in downtown Colorado Springs. The fire was reported around 6 a.m. The street was still blocked at 7 a.m. (Dalton Walker/Gazette 

A stretch of downtown Colorado Springs was blocked Friday morning by emergency crews because of a fire.

Firefighters responded to The Perk Downtown, 14 S. Tejon St., at 5:44 a.m. for a report of a structure fire. Tejon was blocked between Pikes Peak and Colorado avenues for about an hour.

"When firefighters arrived, they found light smoke and haze and determined it was only a microwave fire," fire department spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.

The building sustained smoke damage, but firefighters didn't need to use water to extinguish the fire, Melchor said.

Comment Policy

LoginORRegister To receive a better ad experience

Learn more
You are reading 0 of your of 0 free premium stories for this month read

Register Today To get to up to 4 more free stories each and every month

  • Get access to commenting on articles
  • Access to 4 more premium pieces of content!
  • See fewer annoying advertisements
We hope you enjoyed your 4 free premium stories
Continue reading now by logging in or registering
Register Now
Already registered? Login Now
Home