Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Microwave fire at coffee shop shuts down downtown Colorado Springs street Friday morning

Staff reports Updated: January 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm

A stretch of downtown Colorado Springs was blocked Friday morning by emergency crews because of a fire.

Firefighters responded to The Perk Downtown, 14 S. Tejon St., at 5:44 a.m. for a report of a structure fire. Tejon was blocked between Pikes Peak and Colorado avenues for about an hour.

"When firefighters arrived, they found light smoke and haze and determined it was only a microwave fire," fire department spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.

The building sustained smoke damage, but firefighters didn't need to use water to extinguish the fire, Melchor said.

Comment Policy

Our commenting system has changed. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories this month

Get 4 more FREE stories

Simply register to continue.

Register

Subscribe now

Get access unlimited access to premium stories.

Subscribe
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement