Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Microwave fire at coffee shop shuts down downtown Colorado Springs street Friday morning

Staff reports Updated: January 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Staff reports Updated: January 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm • Published: January 24, 2014

A stretch of downtown Colorado Springs was blocked by emergency crews because of a structure fire call. Firefighters responded to 14 S. Tejon St around 6 a.m. for a report of a structure fire.  As of 7 a.m., Tejon was blocked off between Pikes Peak and Colorado avenues. The source of...

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

Register for 4 more free articles.

or
*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
Advertisement

A stretch of downtown Colorado Springs was blocked Friday morning by emergency crews because of a fire.

Firefighters responded to The Perk Downtown, 14 S. Tejon St., at 5:44 a.m. for a report of a structure fire. Tejon was blocked between Pikes Peak and Colorado avenues for about an hour.

"When firefighters arrived, they found light smoke and haze and determined it was only a microwave fire," fire department spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.

The building sustained smoke damage, but firefighters didn't need to use water to extinguish the fire, Melchor said.

Comment Policy

If you are a subscriber or registered user we welcome your comments. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement