Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Marijuana edibles in spotlight in Colorado after student's death

By: John Ingold, The Denver Post
April 4, 2014 Updated: April 4, 2014 at 3:22 pm
0

Throughout Dr. Scott Bentz's career in emergency medicine, marijuana wasn't something he much worried about.

Perhaps a person a month would come in feeling panicky after smoking pot. A sedative and a quiet room usually did the trick.

"It's the easiest emergency medicine case you're going to see," said Bentz, the medical director of emergency services at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver.

And then came the day a man arrived in the emergency room so sedated and breathing so slowly after eating a marijuana-infused edible that he was nearly comatose.

Read more here.

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Incognito Mode Your browser is in Incognito mode

You vanished!

We welcome you to read all of our stories by signing into your account. If you don't have a subscription, please subscribe today for daily award winning journalism.

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.