Updated: August 7, 2009 at 12:00 am
Note: Though FRESH•INK normally prints the Manitou Springs police blotter each Wednesday, this week’s police reports were not available until Friday. Next week we should return you to your regularly scheduled program.
• Shortly before 2 p.m., officers received a report of graffiti spray-painted on a storage shed in the 300 block of Manitou Avenue, near the Fountain Creek trail. No arrests were made.
• Officers responded to a report of a vehicle break-in in the 400 block of Ruxton Avenue. The victim, who had been hiking on the Manitou Incline trail, said her car window had been broken, and items had been stolen. No arrests were made.
• At about 8:40 p.m., an officer stopped a car in the 100 block of Manitou Avenue for failure to signal a turn. The driver — Robert Pollard, 42, of Colorado Springs — told the officer he had been drinking beer and liquor, including vodka from an open container in the car, according to the police report. Pollard was cited for driving under the influence and other offenses.
• At about 2:40 a.m., an officer patrolling Serpentine Drive saw a suspicious parked car at a hairpin turn near Graffiti Falls. The driver told the officer the car had run out of gas, and one of the passengers was on his way to get more.
When the officer saw a glass pipe in the car, the driver said they were on the way to the falls to buy marijuana, according to the police report. Further inspection turned up a marijuana grinder, but the officer was unable to determine to whom either of the items belonged.
The pipe and grinder were confiscated, but no arrests were made, nor citations issued.
Oh — and police didn’t find anyone else at Graffiti Falls.
• Officers stopped Christopher Swain on suspicion of having broken a street light. They learned that Swain had an El Paso County warrant for his arrest, issued July 31. Swain was taken to the county jail. No further information was available on Friday.
• An officer responded to hotel on a tip that a woman had warrants for her arrest. He found Anida Graner, 53, of Florissant, on Old Crystal Park Road, and learned that she had three El Paso County warrants, one for a felony drug offense and two for failure to appear on traffic charges. He requested another officer for backup; the two arrested her and later took her to the El Paso County jail.
• Officers responded to a vehicle break-in report in the 600 block of Crystal Hills Boulevard. A handbag and cash had been stolen, with a total estimated value of $1,125. The owner said the smash-and-grab had happened between 10:30 p.m. and midnight on Aug. 3. No arrests were made.
• Officers responded to a report of assault between two neighbors in the zero block of El Paso Boulevard. One of the neighbors signed a complaint, and the other was issued a court summons. No further information was available on Friday.