It used to be that Fourth of July events were confined to one day.
FRIDAY, JULY 4
- Fabulous Fourth with the Colorado Springs Philharmonic - With music, bounce house, bungee trampoline, giant slide, obstacle course and mechanical bull, concessions open at 5:30 p.m., philharmonic at 7:30 p.m., fireworks at dusk, Memorial Park, 1605 E. Pikes Peak Ave., free; csphilharmonic.org.
- Palmer Lake July 4th Fun Run - Four-mile run at 7 a.m., $15-$30; free kids run at 8 and 8:30 a.m., begins in Palmer Lake, ends in Monument; july4funrun.com.
- Tri-Lakes 4th of July Celebration - Parade, pancake breakfast, street fair, vendors, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; street dance and concerts, 3-9 p.m., Palmer Lake and Monument, free; 481-3282, trilakes chamber.com.
- Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration and Fire Cracker 5K Fun Run - 8 a.m. fun run, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. celebration with music, activities for kids, bounce house, basketball and volleyball tournaments, fire engine rides, horse and buggy rides, food and craft vendors and beer garden, Memorial Park, on the corners of Park Street and Lake and Henrietta Avenues, Woodland Park, free, some activities have a small fee; 686-0705, cpteller.org.
- Family Fourth at Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site - With music by Fountain Creek Brass Band, Revolutionary War re-enactments, General William Jackson Palmer and Katherine Lee Bates re-enactors, carnival games and more, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site, Gateway Road and North 30th St., $4-$8, free ages 5 and younger; 578-6777, rockledgeranch.com.
- 4th of July Flag Flying Festival - Zip lines with an American flag by Adventures Out West Pikes Peak Ziplines, 8:30-10:30 a.m., 1305 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, $45 unlimited zips; 1-800-755-0935, advoutwest.com/co-tours/co-flag-flying.
- Fireworks at dusk, downtown Manitou Springs; 685-5089.
- Grant Sabin and R.L. Cole — Presented by KRCC's Blue Plate Special and Ivywild Music, 7 p.m., Ivywild School, 1604 S. Cascade Ave., $10; ticketfly.com.
- Half on the 4th Half Marathon — 7 a.m., Monument Valley Park North, West Fontanero Street and Culbera Place. Go online or call for costs. Registration: spreeracing.com, 494-3169.
- Pioneer Fourth Celebration — Museum open house, music, activities and more, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Elbert County Museum, 515 Comanche St., Kiowa, free admission, donations accepted; elbert countymuseum.org.
- 4th of July Celebration — City Park, Bennett Avenue and 1st Street, Cripple Creek, free. Go online for information: visitcripplecreek.com.
- Pikes Peak Arts & Music Festival — 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Sunday, America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive, free; 475-2465, pikespeakartfest.com.
- Symphony Above the Clouds - With Ceol Ceili and the Colorado Springs Philharmonic, gates open at 5 p.m., music at 5:30 p.m., outside at Woodland Park Middle School, 600 E. Kelly Road, Woodland Park, free; 661-7377, symphonyabovetheclouds.org.
Compiled by Jennifer Mulson, 636-0270, firstname.lastname@example.org