Coquette's Bistro and Bakery, famous for its completely gluten-free menu, has moved downtown, 321 N. Tejon St., into a much larger space than its previous Manitou Springs location.
The owners have not turned their backs on their faithful west side customers, though, and are opening Coquette's Bake House, 919 Manitou Ave. on Saturday.
The hut-style shop will sell many of their popular gluten-free items like cupcakes and cakes, as well as frozen products like breads, lasagna and pot pies. Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays.
Mom's Day eats
Most of the big Mother's Day brunches have been sold out for weeks. But here are a few places to treat mom to a fine meal that is sure to bring a smile to her face.
- Le Bistro, 1015 W. Colorado Ave., offers an order-off-the-menu brunch with a complimentary mimosa for mom, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details: 634-6842, lebistrocs.com.
- The Briarhurst Manor, 404 Manitou Ave. in Manitou Springs, offers a huge Champagne Brunch Buffet, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., for $39 per person and $19 for children 11 and under; children 3 and under are free. Details: 685-1864, briarhurstdining.com.
- Coutures Bistro, 218 N. Tejon St., offers an order-off-the-menu brunch, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details: 203-6700, couturesbistro.com.
- La Bella Vita Ristorante Italiano, 4475 Northpark Drive, offers its traditional Sunday brunch menu, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., along with a Zeppole dessert (a round pastry filled with chocolate cream) free for mom. Details: 260-4730, facebook.com/LaBellaVita RistoranteItaliano.
- Edelweiss Restaurant, 34 E. Ramona St., has a special beef rouladen with red cabbage and mashed potatoes along with a free strawberry dessert for mom, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Details: 633-2220, edelweissrest.com.
- The Pinery at the Hill, 775 W. Bijou St., offers a brunch buffet 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $50 per person (plus tax and tip) and $20 for children ages 5 to 12; children under 5 eat free. Details: 634-7772, thepinery.com.
Henry Chaperont, owner and chef at Le Bistro, 1015 W. Colorado Ave., will celebrate receipt of his establishment's liquor license with a three-course tasting menu featuring wine pairings from Spain and Portugal, 6:30 p.m. May 16. Cost is $50 per person plus tax and tip. Details: 634-6842, lebistrocs.com.
Two Curious Palate Tasting Classes are coming up at Soir?, 1003 S. Tejon St., 5:30 to 7 p.m.: Tequila, Wednesday, and Ros? May 28. Cost is $25 per person. Details: 633-8813, coloradosprings venue.com.
West side lunch
Seth Jaray, chef at Swirl Wine Bar, 717 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, is debuting a new lunch menu made with fresh, local ingredients. Swirl's kitchen is open noon to 10 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and until 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Just want a night cap? The bar stays open until midnight all week. Details: 685-2294, swirlismybar.com.
Forty and counting
Jose Muldoon's, 222 N. Tejon St., is celebrating 40 years with daily specials through June 14: Mondays Duo Dynamico, prix fixe three-course dinner for $19.74 for two; Tuesdays Toosday Taco, $1.25 tacos with purchase of side or drink; Wednesdays Throwback Hour, original 1974 priced entrees, 5 to 6 p.m.; Thursdays Salsa Night, with free salsa dance lessons, 6 to 8 p.m.; Saturdays Corona Game Night on the patio, 6 to 8 p.m.; and Sundays Party on the Patio, 3 to 7 p.m. Details: 636-2311, facebook.com/josemuldoons.
"KVOR Table Talk"
Guests on the "KVOR Table Talk" radio show at 1 p.m. Saturday on 740 AM include Bonnie Leah Simon, owner of Hungry Chicken Homestead; Beki Guion, general manager of AVOG; and Katie Belle Miller, farmer for Heritage Belle Farms in Calhan. Eric Emde and Todd Sherman, with the Gleneagle Sertoma Club of Colorado Springs, will talk about the Spirits of Spring Food event.
Send tips about restaurant openings, closings, menu changes and food specials to email@example.com, 636-0271, Facebook Teresa Farney.
To watch a demonstration for making raw asparagus, radishes and parsley salad, scan the QR code with your mobile device or go to gazette.com.