Kitchen fire at Briarhurst invites extra wedding guests

May 18, 2013 Updated: May 18, 2013 at 7:30 pm
0

Manitou Springs firefighters watched a bride walk down the aisle at Briarhurst Manor Estate Saturday night after they extinguished a fire in the restaurant's kitchen.

The range-hood fire in the estate, at 404 Manitou Avenue, forced the evacuation of the diners and staff early Saturday evening, according to the Manitou Springs Fire Department. When smoke alarms started to shrill around 5:15 p.m., the entire estate was emptied, and two weddings briefly put on hold while fire crews were called, said Dave Hunting, spokesman for the fire department. The fire was confined to one of the ranges in the kitchen - the hood was damaged and inoperable, and firefighters had to cut a small hole in the kitchen roof to release smoke. Crews remained on scene cleaning up until around 8 p.m.

Once the fire was out, business continued as usual. The restaurant was running at partial capacity, and the wedding celebrations started up again. Around 7 p.m., fire crews watched as one of the brides walked down the aisle.

"They are not missing a beat here at the Briarhurst," said Hunting.

Comments have been disabled for this article Comment Policy

LoginORRegister To receive a better ad experience

Learn more
You are reading 0 of your of 0 free premium stories for this month read

Register Today To get to up to 4 more free stories each and every month

  • Get access to commenting on articles
  • Access to 4 more premium pieces of content!
  • See fewer annoying advertisements
We hope you enjoyed your 4 free premium stories
Continue reading now by logging in or registering
Register Now
Already registered? Login Now
Home