The gold rush of aspen season in Colorado doesn't last long. One way to make it last longer is preserving the beautiful leaves. Here's a six-step process that will help get the job done.
1. Gather leaves on a sunny day, after the dew has dried. Choose leaves with no blemishes.
2. Press your leaves shortly after gathering, before they dry out.
3. Place leaves between two layers of paper towels and then press them between two large books. Repeat this, depending on the number of leaves you have gathered.
4. Stack the books with the leaves pressed between.
5. After two days, change the paper towels and restack the books, allowing the leaves to press another five to eight days.
6. Mount the dried leaves in a photo album or between acetate or cellophane sheets.