Officials say improperly vented furnace led to man's death

Staff reports Published:

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

Register for 4 more free articles.

*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
A small memorial for Benedo Valdez, a Vista Peak apartment resident who is suspected to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, sits outside an entrance to the apartments Thursday, November 1, 2012. Peak Vista apartments has been cited by Colorado Springs Utilities 14 times in the last five years for dangerous appliances. Photo by MICHAEL CIAGLO/The Gazette