Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Photos: Gallery | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

8 historic restaurants that have stood the test of time in the Colorado Springs area

Since Colorado Springs was founded in 1871, different restaurants have come and gone. Some last longer than others, while many seem to stick around. But there are a select number of eateries that seem to thrive here and have been around for up to 142 years.
For more Gazette lists, check out our lists page.

Cliff House

Cliff House:

Cliff House has been around longer than Colorado has been a state. Built in 1874, Cliff House started as an inn for miners before it was converted into a resort in 1876. In the 1980s, Cliff House was damaged in a fire and didn't reopen again until 1997 as a hotel. There are several fine dining experiences in Cliff House.

MARK REIS

0
Briarhurst Manor

Briarhurst Manor:

Briarhurst Manor was built by Manitou Springs' founder, William Bell, in 1874. Back then the place served as Bell's and his family's home. Now, it is an event venue and restaurant able to seat 500 people.

MARK REIS

0
Edelweiss

Edelweiss:

Built in 1901, the schoolhouse that would become Edelweiss was built. The building also spent some time as a residence before being renovated in the traditional German "hunting" style restaurant in 1967. The building has since then been remodeled, but maintains the cozy atmosphere.

MARK REIS

0
Juniper Valley Ranch

Juniper Valley Ranch:

Juniper Valley Ranch opened in 1951 and the menu hasn't changed since then. This is a fourth-generation owned restaurant is known for its skillet-fried chicken and family-style dining.

0
Luigi's Restaurant

Luigi's Restaurant:

Established in 1958, Pizza Luigi's started off with a simple menu of pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. The menu has grown, but the restaurant has kept a family-oriented atmosphere and has offered dine-in or carry-out for the last 58 years.

MARK REIS

0
Margarita at Pine Creek

Margarita at Pine Creek:

The owners started their business as a Mexican import shop on the east side of town in 1969 that happened to serve some soup and salad. In 1974, the owners moved locations and opened their restaurant.

MARK REIS

0
Panino's Downtown

Panino's Downtown:

Originally called Pizza Plus, Panino's downtown location opened in 1974 and was renamed Panino's in 1991. The location has been remodeled on multiple occasions. Additional locations have opened around Colorado Springs as well as one in Ft. Collins, one in Minnesota and a sister restaurant called Trasca & Co. Eatery in Florida.

MARK REIS

0
Roman Villa Pizza

Roman Villa Pizza:

The original Roman Villa Pizza was located in Palmer Lake in 1958. A year later, it moved to its first location in Colorado Springs where it stayed until it moved to its current location in 1961. What started as a small, carry-out restaurant is now a second- and third- generation owned dine-in Italian restaurant.

MARK REIS

0