- "Chihuly Rediscovered" and "Chihuly," csfineartscenter.org and botanicgardens.org: This spring and summer the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center is showcasing the glass artwork of Dale Chihuly. Meanwhile, the Denver Botanic Gardens opens an outdoor Chihuly exhibit on June 14 that runs through Nov. 30.
- Denver Art Museum, denverartmuseum.org: Widely respected for exposing visitors to a variety of artistic styles from gallery to gallery, the museum won't disappoint this summer. Most special is an exploration of the Old West through the bronzes of Remington and Russell and 20 others.
- Loveland's Sculpture in the Park, sculptureinthepark.org: Loveland is an art lover's delight. There are 200 permanent pieces in the city's public art collection, but that number explodes Aug. 9-10 during the 31st annual Sculpture in the Park, which adds more than 2,000 juried sculptures.
- Salida, salida.com: The town is littered with art. The SteamPlant's Paquette Gallery has works from regional artists, its Strawn-Grether Sculpture Garden offers an annual exhibit of outdoor specialities and its other gallery features photography. It's all on display July 19-20 at the Salida Riverside Fine Arts Festival.
- Telluride Art + Architecture Weekend, tellurideartandarchitecture.com: The sophistication that is Telluride molds the renowned arts community. It is shared July 19-20 with an inside look at the creative processes at work in the town's Arts District today and in its storied past.
Linda Navarro, The Gazette