Published: September 25, 2013
A hazardous waste collection will be held Wednesday, free of charge for Colorado Springs and El Paso County residents impacted by recent floods.
The event will take place at 2120 N. Cheyenne Canyon Rd., from 9 a.m. to noon, city spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.
Waste must be in labeled, leak-proof containers that can be left at the site. Business waste will not be accepted.
Items that will be accepted for recycling or proper disposal include:
- Automotive chemicals: antifreeze, brake and transmission fluids, engine cleaners.
- All types of batteries: lead acid vehicle batteries and all types of household batteries.
- Household chemicals: aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oils, etc.
- Lawn and garden chemicals: fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.
- Paint: latex and oil-based, stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc.
Anyone with questions can call El Paso County Environmental Division at 520-7871.