Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Food on stove causes 3-alarm apartment fire

By Lisa Walton Published: February 20, 2014

The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a three-alarm apartment complex fire Thursday afternoon was caused by food on a stove.

Firefighters responded to the fire at the Courtyard Estates apartments at 4350 E. Pikes Peak Ave. and reported that the second floor was fully engulfed in flames and that heavy smoke was billowing from the building.

All apartments were evacuated and the fire was extinguished within a couple of hours.

No injuries were reported, but firefighters said between eight and 10 apartment units were damaged.

The apartment complex has 176 units on 5.32 acres, according to property records.

Comment Policy

Our commenting system has changed. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

You've reached 4 FREE premium stories this month

Simply register to continue. It's free.

Register Learn more

Already registered? Click here to login.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
SEP
17
SEP
18
SEP
19
SEP
20
SEP
21
SEP
22
SEP
23
SEP
24
SEP
25
SEP
26
SEP
27
SEP
28
SEP
29
SEP
30
Advertisement