Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Fire in Falcon destroys barn, displaces family

February 21, 2014 Updated: February 21, 2014 at 9:45 am
0

A fire Thursday afternoon heavily damaged a home and destroyed a barn in Falcon.

A family of four was displaced from the blaze, which happened around 2:20 p.m. on the 3000 block of Tackhouse Road.

Flames were spreading from the barn to the house when firefighters arrived, according to a statement by the fire district. When the fire crept under the eaves of the house, it ignited the attic and destroying the roof, said Falcon Fire Protection District's Chief Trent Harwig.

"They chased it all over in the attic space," Harwig said.

The blaze remains under investigation, Harwig said. One person was treated for smoke inhalation, but wasn't taken to a hospital.

Crews from Black Forest Fire/Rescue, Ellicott Fire Department and the Donald Wescott Fire Protection District helped Falcon firefighters fight the blaze.

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.