Updated: July 13, 2014 at 12:16 pm
NEW BUFFALO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities in southwestern Michigan say an electrical fire broke out at a hotel, injuring two women and forcing dozens of visitors to evacuate their rooms.
The Berrien County sheriff's department says the fire was reported about 8:40 a.m. Sunday at O'Brien Inn & Resort. It's in New Buffalo Township, south of New Buffalo and 1 ½ miles north of the Indiana state line.
The sheriff's department says the hotel clerk saw smoke coming from under the door of a vacant room. It says deputies and the clerk warned all 37 occupants, and they made it out safely.
A sheriff's department statement says paramedics treated women ages 74 and 53 for smoke inhalation.
The department says the fire apparently started when a TV overheated. There's no immediate damage estimate.