It’s the most wonderful time of year.
The Gazette's Empty Stocking Fund, Fieldhouse Brewing Company and Jon Eddy Productions in Colorado Springs have teamed up to create an Empty Stocking Fund beer. The flavor is Blackberry Paws – an offshoot of Fieldhouse Brewing’s top-selling honey wheat Sticky Paws.
Give the new brew a try during a tapping Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. at Fieldhouse Brewing, 521 S. Tejon St. in downtown Colorado Springs. A second beer tapping will be held Nov. 10, from 5 to 10 p.m., at Oskar Blues, 118 N. Tejon St.
Starting Friday, Blackberry Paws will be sold at Colorado Springs-area liquor stores. Thanks to Fieldhouse Brewing and Jon Eddy Productions, $2 from each six-pack sold will benefit the Empty Stocking Fund charity.
Local stores carrying Blackberry Paws are:
- Old Farm Wine and Spirits: 5109 Austin Bluffs Blvd
- Cheyenne Trail Liquors: 1703 S 8th St
- Broadmoor Wine and Spirits:118 E Cheyenne Blvd
- Veterans Liquor: 3630 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #170
- Tuscany Wine and Spirits: 6130 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
- MK Wine and Liquor: 5955 Constitution Ave
- Patriots Liquor: 7935 Constitution Ave
- Meridian Ranch Liquor: 11890 Stapleton Dr
- Twins Liquor: 9673 Prominent Point
- Carsons Liquor: 6877 Mesa Ridge Pkwy
- Liquor Depot: 5984 Stetson Hills Blvd
- Sovereignty Wines: 1785 S 8th St
- Pub Dog Colorado: 2207 Bott Ave
The beer will also be on tap at Oskar Blues starting Nov. 10. One dollar from each pint sold at Fieldhouse and Oskar Blues will go to Empty Stocking Fund, which provides resources for 20 local health and human service agencies in the Pikes Peak region.