Published: October 13, 2013
Democrats and President Barack Obama are to blame for shutting down the government. I recently appeared twice on MSNBC to debate the liberal Ed Schultz on Obama- care. I offered him a $1,000 reward if he could prove Obamacare covered more people. Easy, right? Ed Schultz isn't collecting a dime - I forced him to admit on the air, Obamacare has taken away health insurance from more people than it helps.
Obamacare causes cancer and death, by making health care unaffordable for the sick - and, yes, it funds abortions with our tax dollars.
Ten reasons House Republicans must defund Obamacare:
- 4.9 million working class Americans age 25-64 have lost their health care insurance since Obama was elected.
- 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting because of Obamacare.
- Obama promised a $2,500 cost reduction in premiums per family per year, but, instead, premiums increased $3,500.
- Obamacare became law without Republican votes - let the Democrats fund it without Republican votes.
- Obamacare took $716 billion away from Medicare (senior citizens who earned that care) to fund Medicaid (young people not working).
- Obamacare is causing the end of the 40-hour workweek- 25 percent pay cuts for those forced into 29-hour jobs.
- Obamacare's bureaucracy turns a $6 bottle of saline solution into a $546 hospital bill for an IV when you're dehydrated.
- 60 percent of small businesses pay up to 97 percent higher premiums, because of Obamacare, cutting jobs.
- Companies such as Walgreens, UPS, and University Virginia stopped covering spouses and employees because of Obamacare.
- If you want free health care, move to Cuba. Socialism provides free medicine there, but destroyed private business, so the average worker earns $19 per month. Is that what you want? Free market capitalism raises the standard of living, quality of life, and care for everyone.
House Republicans repeatedly voted to fund the government except for Obamacare for one year, but Senate Democrats refused, failing to produce even one budget bill in five years. Let's be honest about who has held America hostage to their socialist agenda: President Obama and the Democrats.
Gordon James Klingenschmitt, Ph.D., is a USAFA '91 grad and candidate for Colorado House District 15 for the Powers corridor.
As a 20-year military veteran myself, I respect Irv Halter's service. But compared to mine, his article has zero facts. He wants "common sense compromise," when President Obama won't negotiate. Obamacare became law with zero Republican votes, so where was that compromise in 2010? Bipartisan cooperation is his codeword for more poisonous socialism. Obamacare needs to be repealed, defunded, and defeated. Halter is a Democrat in a conservative city, trying to appear "moderate" and "reasonable" when America needs a hero willing to take a stand.