Crews with the Colorado Springs Fire Department had a busy overnight, working two fires on the west side of the city.
The department worked a single-residence fire at 212 N. 23rd St. and a blaze at a former motel known as the Express Inn at the corner of Eighth and Cimarron streets.
Our news partners at KOAA report that the late Tuesday night house fire forced a Colorado Springs family out of its home.
Firefighters reportedly needed about two hours to get the flames under control.
The fire department tweeted that the fire was burning in the attic and eventually through the roof.