Climb for Courage for Children’s Hospital Colorado
9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Falcon Stadium, Air Force Academy – entrance through north gate only
Join us for the inaugural Climb for Courage stair climb when the U.S. Air Force Academy's Falcon Stadium becomes home to Colorado Springs’ only stair climb race. Participants can register as individuals or as part of a team to climb more than 2,700 stairs or 2.7 K around Falcon Stadium. Not up for the race but want to Climb? Register for the Fun Wave to help raise money for the patients and families served by Children’s Hospital Colorado in Colorado Springs and Southern Colorado. Call 719-266-3021 or visit www.childrenscoloradofoundation.org to register.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
From mental health to family medicine, the local public and medical professionals have a variety of continued education options right here in our community.
4740 Flintridge Drive, Suite 220. Call 719-253-2299 to register.
• Basic Sign Language Course: 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays, April 7-May 19, cost is $125.
• Americans with Disabilities Act Basics, 3 p.m., April 22, cost is $10.
1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road, Nautilus Room, third floor
• Mental Health First Aid: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on April 17. Mental health first aid training can assist in early intervention and in the on-going community support of people with mental illnesses. It is useful for people employed in areas which involve increased contact with mental health issues and for caregivers. Visit www.aspenpointe.org/Calendar.html for a list of upcoming seminars.
Centura Health, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
St. Francis Medical Center, 6001 E. Woodmen Road
• Baby Care Class Day 1: Are you excited and a little nervous about caring for your newborn baby? Babies don’t come with instructions, so join us for a fun and interactive class that will give you a little “hands-on” experience and lots of information. Visit www.penrosestfrancis.org for a list of upcoming public seminars.
• Continuing Medical Education: Visit www.penrosestfrancis.org/psf/for-physicians/continuing-medical-education for a list of upcoming seminars for medical professionals.
Colorado Springs Senior Center
1514 N. Hancock Avenue. Call 719-387-6000 to register. Visit www.csseniorcenter.com for more information.
• Powerful Tools for Caregivers: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Fridays through May 1; Call Kent Mathews at 719-471-7080, ext. 115 for more information.
• The Basics of Alzheimer’s: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., April 10. Brought to you by the Alzheimer’s Association. Call 719-266-8773 for more information.
• All About Osteoporosis: 9-10 a.m., April 13.
• The Heart of Caregiving: 1-3 p.m., April 20, cost is $1.
• Healthy Tips for Safe Travel: 1-2 p.m., April 22, cost is $1.
Kaiser Permanente Webinars
Visit www.kp.org to register and see a list of upcoming seminars.
• Freedom From Tobacco Series: “Manage Your Stress”: 6:30-7:30 p.m., April 14. Ready to quit? This 4-part series covers key strategies for success.
• Healing Hearts Series: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., April 22. Learn how stress and emotions impact the recovery and healing process for people with heart and vascular conditions. Basic stress management techniques demonstrated.
Peak View Behavioral Health
7353 Sisters Grove. Call 719-216-6232 or email email@example.com to register. Visit www.peakviewbh.com/events for a list of upcoming seminars.
• L.E.N.S. in the Treatment of Anxiety and Depression: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., April 23. Lunch is provided.
• Mental Health First Aid: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., May 28. Lunch is provided.
4570 Hilton Parkway, Suite 101. Call 719-633-4991 to register.
• Medicare A, B, C, D, and All That Stuff: 9:30-11:30 a.m., April 1 and 2. Please bring a canned food item to donate.
• Sleep, Dream and Awaken to Improved Mental Health: 9:30-11:30 a.m., April 9, cost is $25.
University of Colorado Health, Memorial Hospital
Memorial Hospital Central, 1400 E. Boulder Street
• Oncologic Emergencies Update: 8-11 a.m., May 13, July 8, September 9, November 11 at Targeted at Oncology RNs and other interested RNs. This update will describe the clinical manifestations, treatment modalities and nursing considerations of a variety of oncologic emergencies. Cost is $25 or free for employees; worth 2.5 contact hours. Visit www.uchealth.org/Pages/ENRS/EventsSearchResult.aspx for more information and a list of upcoming seminars.
Memorial Administrative Center, Cucharra Room, 2420 E. Pikes Peak Avenue
• Diabetes Medication Class: 5:30-7 p.m., May 7. This class is free; call 1-720-855-1102, ext. 7102 to register.